Saturday, April 4, 2009

Women are like what?!!!

So to give you a little background to this story, my husband and I are currently house sitting for some good friends who are out of town on vacation. It is a pretty sweet gig because all we are doing is feeding their dog and cat. The fact that they have a dog is a huge bonus for Pec, since the chances of us getting a dog anytime soon (or ever) are not looking too good. The fact that we are watching their cat is a little less exciting for both of us, but we are willing to suffer for the sake of our mini vacation in this beautiful home.

Tonight we were sitting in the tv room, watching a movie when we started to hear the cat clawing at the furniture in the living room. My sweetheart kindly offered to get up and figure out what the cat was doing. When he came back he uttered these words...

"Cats are just like women".

Now if you know anything about me, you know that I HATE CATS. I don't get their purpose. All they do is come out of no where and scare the living daylights out of you, then look at you like you are an idiot who is just taking up space.

I tried to respond with a loving and gentle tone so I simply said...

"What did you just say?"

Pec- "Cats are just like women. They don't come when you call them, they only ever do what they want, and when you try to touch them they just look at you like you're crazy"

Me- "You have got to be kidding me!"

Pec-"Yeah. See, dogs are just like guys. You always know exactly what they want. They only need to do three things to be happy: eat, sleep and eat some more."

Even though I tried my hardest to be offended, all I could do was laugh at his logic.



4 comments:

  1. "Now if you know anything about me, you know that I HATE CATS." Ah, just one more reason to love and appreciate you, Mrs.Pecadillo! "...then look at you like you are an idiot who is just taking up space." I get that look a lot, unfortunately, not just from cats. Our jrt loves cats - good fast ones. He'd love to catch one and shake it good like he does his "squeaky duck". Dealing with the cat - may I suggest you & Pec view the movie "BABE" - now that guy knows how to cat-sit. Btw, Mrs. Pecadillo, "I tried to respond with a loving and gentle tone" you are definitely an asset to the marriage. good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he's on to something there...and I will message you on Facebook the rest of my thoughts because they are nowhere NEAR appropriate to post on here ;) Love you Sus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, I LOVE CATS! I'm owned by two, Stella and Bogie. They are great companions, and except for the feed-me howling at 5:30 a.m., they're fun to have around. However, apparently, I'm in the minority around here!

    *mumble mumble mumble*

    A Musician by Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. when i was at csun, a hot book on campus was The i hate cats book. A classic tome. Pec is right dogs are like guys. ARF.

    ReplyDelete