Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Beautiful Pacific Northwest

Pen, Jona and I are up in gorgeous Washington. We came up here last week right after Penny's two week appointment. It may have been a little crazy to make the trip so soon but I am so thankful we came! Penny was unbelievable, she didn't cry at all. As a matter of fact I think I cried more than she did :) It was pretty uncomfortable at the end of the trip but we went with our doctor's blessing and got plenty of pain meds and instructions to get out and walk every two hours.

Penny is doing great and is filling my heart with love more and more every day. She has loved making her mommy stay up all night long trying to figure out why she's fussy. I'm starting to learn her cries and what they mean. She sleeps all day long and I think she gets mad at us for wanting to sleep when she's wide awake. It is a little hard at times, especially with these hormones but I really have never been happier to be this tired. As a matter of fact, I LOVE IT!!

I've been so thankful for my family. They have served us and just loved on all three of us while we've been here. My mom is absolutely incredible. She takes Penny every morning so that I can get a couple more hours of sleep and I am eternally thankful! I will write more about my mom and how awesome she has been to us in my next post.

It is so sad to live away from my family. I know people at times probably just think I should grow up and get over it, but it is hard to be away from them. I am trying so hard to be thankful for the time we do get with them, but I know it is so hard for them to have to live away from their new little grand daughter. Please pray for them if you think of it. I am thankful that Penny gets to live close to our other parents so that she has grandparents and uncles and an aunt who can love on her in California, but it would be great if we could all be together too.

The c-section recovery is going pretty well, I think. It is so weird because one hour I feel great and then the next I'm needing help just to walk. Jonathan has been checking my incision to make sure its not infected (sorry if that's gross) and its not, but it still REALLY stings sometimes. I think my biggest problem is that I am just SO tired. Between Penny's night time freak outs and these pain meds I am really struggling to stay awake. I'm hoping that when we get home I can just crash and sleep for the next three weeks.

Yesterday I miraculously got back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I gained 37 pounds in total. I totally thought I would be one of those women who gain 100 pounds with their pregnancy. I probably should have with how much pasta I ate! I think about 20 of the pounds I lost was just from water alone. The sad thing is that my pre-pregnancy weight is about 50 pounds heavier than my pre-wedding weight so I have a lot of work to do! I can't wait to heal and get into a routine so I can be healthy again.

Today my PRECIOUS home church threw us a shower. My best friend, Amy Carruthers hosted it and did an amazing job. It was such a blessing to us. These women only had a weeks notice but still took their Saturday morning and brought Penny some of the most adorable clothes and other helpful and wonderful gifts. I was so overwhelmed by their love for our little family. I love my church in California but I have never seen another church like Grace Bible in Marysville. They really know how to be a family of believers. I love them so much!

We are going to church tomorrow and then leaving Monday morning to head back home. I am not looking forward to the drive but it will be good to get back to our friends and family in California and hopefully I will get even more of an opportunity to heal.

Sorry for the random post. I keep being told that I need to blog more. I'm not exactly sure why but I will try to oblige my 3 readers. :)

1 comment:

  1. It was so very good to see you, and for the record...I love reading your blogs...so count me among the 3 :) Parenthood is the most amazing thing. Love you so much Susi...can't wait to read about your amazing mom :)

    ReplyDelete